Miami Theater Center (MTC) knows that you care how information about you is used and shared, and we appreciate your trust.
Personal Information Collected By Miami Theater Center
The information we learn from our visitors and customers helps us personalize and continually improve your experience at our website. The following is the type of information we gather:
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our website or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might be unable to take advantage of many of our website’s features. We use the information that you provide for various purposes, such as responding to your requests, customizing future offers, improving our products and services, and communicating with you.
- Information from Miscellaneous Sources: For reasons such as improving and tailoring our products and services to you, we may use information received from other sources to supplement your account information. For example, we sometimes receive updated delivery and address information from our shippers or other sources to enable us to correct our records and deliver communications or your next order more easily.
- Cookies: When you visit the Miami Theater Center website, our servers automatically collect information about the IP address from which you access the site (an IP address is the number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the Web), the pages you visit, the date and time you access our site, and the type of browser and operating system that you are using. We use this information to better understand how our site is used. We do not track or record personal information about individuals and their visits. This research is compiled and analyzed on a global level. A cookie is a small amount of data that is sent to your browser from our Web server when you visit our online shop and is stored on your computer’s hard drive. The cookies we use do not contain any personal information and are used to keep track of the items while you are shopping online in our store. In addition, these cookies allow us to utilize non-personally identifiable information to share with our advertising partners, enabling us to present you with retargeting advertising on other sites based on your previous interaction with our website. You can visit this Opt-out Page to opt out of this type of targeted advertising. If you choose to reject cookies, you will still be able to use the Miami Theatre Center site but you will not be able to build a shopping order
Sharing of Personal Information
We respect our website visitors and customers and their personal information. You are the most important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling your information to others. We share visitor and customer information only with the affiliates of Miami Theater Center, as described below.
- Miami Theater Center works very closely with affiliated businesses. In some cases, these businesses may provide information or sell products or services or provide information on this website. Relevant visitor or customer information will only be shared with our affiliates if the visitor or customer, implicitly or explicitly, consents to such disclosure.
- We may disclose any information about you if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with state and federal laws (such as U.S. Copyright law) or respond to a court order, judicial or other government subpoena, or warrant in the manner required by the requesting entity.
- We also employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf, such as processing credit card payments, fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending regular and electronic mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance and providing customer service. Such companies and individuals have access only to the personal information necessary for performing their functions, but they are prohibited from using it for other purposes.
- As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or acquire certain assets. In such transactions, visitor and customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets. Also, in the unlikely event that Miami Theater Center or substantially all of its assets are acquired, visitor and customer information will be transferred to the acquiring entity.
- Personal information may be released if necessary to: comply with the applicable law; enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements; and/or protect the rights, property or safety of Miami Theater Center, our customers and visitors to our website, or others. Personal information may also be exchanged with other companies and organizations for purposes of fraud protection and/or credit risk reduction.
- Other than as set forth above, you will receive notice when information about you may be shared with third parties, and you will be afforded the opportunity to choose not to share the information.
Security for Purchases
- We work to protect the security of our customers’ information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information customers input through our website.
- It is our customers’ responsibility to protect against unauthorized access to their computer and account with Miami Theater Center (and, in certain instances, their login and password relating to our website). Customers must be sure to sign off of our website when they have completed their visit.
Updating Personal Information
You may contact us at any time to update your personal information, to delete your personal information from our systems and/or to notify us of your contact preferences. Simply send us an email at Federica@mtcmiami.org setting forth your specific request.
Miami Theater Center is proud to offer products and services for children, but online purchases through Miami Theater Center website may be made only by persons who are 18 years of age or older. Further, we ask that children under the age of 13 do not submit any personal information to us without the assistance of a parent or guardian.
Terms and Conditions, Revisions and Questions
If you have any question or concern about privacy at our website, please send us an email at Federica@mtcmiami.org setting forth your question or concern.